Monday, April 27, 2009

ETD: 7 days

Last night I received an email from the principal of Bellaire Primary School. She let me know that I will be working in a year 1/2 classroom, so there are year 1's and year 2's in this classroom set-up. Oh, and my mentor teacher is named (brace yourselves for the coincidence here) Andrea!

And this evening, I just received an email from my host family! Maree (the mom) sounds super sweet and she filled me in on the family life. Her and Danny have 3 children and live only a 12 minute walk from the school. They are all avid fans of the Geelong Cats, which is evidently THE sport to watch and follow in Geelong. It's called football, but I'm guessing it's more like American soccer? They also enjoy camping and their son, a year 3, enjoys going to the gym every week. Thank goodness I'll be able to keep up with my workouts while I'm over there.

Anyway, I leave in a week exactly! I'm just trying not to think about packing (my least favorite) and enjoy the pool as much as possible (my most favorite).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are Geelong, the greatest team of all
We are Geelong; we’re always on the ball
We play the game as it should be played
At home or far away
Our banners fly high, from dawn to dark
Down at Kardinia Park

So! Stand up and fight, remember our tradition
Stand up and fight, it’s always our ambition
Throughout the game to fight with all our might
Because we’re the mighty blue and white
And when the ball is bounced, to the final bell
Stand up and fight like hell

I twitter the team's progress, they're kinda a big deal.

Chloe Eum said...

My host family has 3 children as well!
Did you get to Australia safely? Take pictures, chica!