Saturday, July 25, 2009

Standing all alone in a black coat.

Only a few short months ago I was counting down the days until I left for Australia, and now I find myself counting down the days until I fly home. Leaving will be bittersweet, but I will be forever grateful to touchdown in America. There have been countless lessons learned (and taught...ha) this summer/winter and I have grown in innumerable ways.

Today I faux packed. Although completely unnecessary for most people, this was probably the smartest thing I could have done. First off, my packing is usually horrendous and secondly, it was imperative that I figure out how much space I would have left to allot for Cadbury chocolate. I plan on stuffing every shoe, filling every crevice, and overflowing every piece of luggage with Cadbury chocolate.
Rationale behind this?
1. I will miss Cadbury chocolate the most.
2. Everyone back home must sample even a small piece.
3. I may be addicted to it.
I have chosen to spend this last weekend in Geelong resting a bit. My host house here has two cases of swine flu in it and in order to make sure my immune system is ready for the long flight this week, I thought it would be best to let myself rest as opposed to traveling to Melbourne and drinking with les amis francais. I also have big plans to try to overcome jet lag as quick as possible. I am going to try and start being on East coast time before I leave with the help of some insomniac medicine courtesy of Sydney pharmacists.

My students at school are starting to catch on that I am leaving soon. One of the girls said she needs to get my phone number before I leave. I'm thinking passing out my email address might be more reasonable in order for her parents to avoid the costs of international phone calls.

No comments: